Requirements and Procedures
Internship Credit & Criteria for Participation
- You must be enrolled as a student at Elmhurst College.
- You must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Your internship site must be approved and signed by the Career Education Internship Coordinator and Faculty Monitor.
- Registration cannot be completed on Bluenet, you must submit the signed Consent to Register Form to Records and Registration in Goebel Hall.
- We will not approve internship credit for a job you currently hold, however, a new position or a special project (on a current position) can be approved as an internship.
- Family/relative owned companies will be approved with the stipulation that the supervisor is a non-family member.
- Internships held in a home office are approved on a case to case basis.
Fall & Spring Terms:
- .5 Credit: 7-13 hours/week for 14 weeks (98 hrs)
- 1.0 Credit: 14-17 hours/week for 14 weeks (196 hrs)
- 1.5 Credits: 18+ hours/week for 14 weeks (252 hrs)
- .5 Credit: 13-24 hours/week for 8 weeks (98 hrs)
- 1.0 Credit: 25-31 hours/week for 8 weeks (196 hrs)
- 1.5 Credits: 32+ hours/week for 8 weeks (252 hrs)
- 1.0 Credit: 35-40 hours/week for 4 weeks (140 hrs)